Thursday, April 29, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
1 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp active dry yeast
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Leek bread is so easy to make, and everyone likes it. It makes a great appetizer or just a snack. I took this to a friend birthday a couple of weeks ago, but everyone was impressed.
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of oil
2-3 cups chopped leeks, finely chopped
1 cup feta cheese
2 cups flour
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
Preheat the oven to 430F.
To avoid sticking to the baking dish, it is always convenient to use parchment paper:
Saturday, April 10, 2010
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
grated zest of 3 Oranges
200g dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cups squeezed orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
Beat the eggs first, then combine and mix all the ingredients together, except chocolate chip. When the dough in uniform add chocolate chips. Do not over-mix.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Start your weekend with a healthy brunch. Everyone knows how to make eggs over EZ, but here is another idea coming just in time for the weekend...
3 cups baby spinach
3 slices smoked bacon
2 tbsp feta
1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper
Cut up the bacon into small pieces. Fry them in a pan over medium/low heat. When the bacon is crunchy enough for you, transfer it into a plate, leaving the fat in the drying pan.
Wash the spinach and fry it in bacon fat until it shrinks to half of its size. You do not have to try it, it's OK to have some water in the pan.
Remove the spinach into another clean plate. Now add butter to your pan and when it melts, cook eggs in it over medium to low heat. At this point, add salt and pepper to taste. When the bottom side is done, flip the eggs over, one by one. Then sprinkle some cheese over them and cover. Eggs cook fairly quickly, so it should be done in just a few minutes.
Serve with fresh bread. You may sprinkle more cheese over the whole plate.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Multiple Item Discounts
Some promotions offered on Amazon.com allow you to get a free item when you purchase a certain number of similar items--for example, buy 4 books for the price of 3. If your order qualifies for the promotion, the discount will appear on the final page of the order form, just before you submit your order.Buy 4 Items for the Price of 3
To take advantage of this promotion, follow these steps:
- Add at least 4 eligible items to your Shopping Cart. Eligible items will have a message such as "This item is eligible for our Buy 4 Books for the Price of 3 Sale" on the product detail page.
- Proceed to checkout. When you're done shopping on our site, click the "Proceed to checkout" button in the Shopping Cart. Your shopping cart should include at least four qualifying items during the checkout process to qualify for this promotion. Additional conditions are listed below.
- On the final checkout page, we will discount the lowest-priced item. A promotion credit for the amount of the lowest-priced item will appear in the upper right corner of your Order Summary during the checkout process. If you use 1-Click® ordering, the promotion will be automatically applied.
Terms and Conditions
- Promotional offer valid for a limited time only. Items placed in Shopping Cart overnight may not be eligible for promotion at time of checkout.
- Promotional offer applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product detail pages. Items that do not display the offer message do not qualify, regardless of the nature of the items.
- Applies only to products sold by the merchant indicated in the promotional offer message. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. For example, where the promotional offer applies to items offered by Amazon.com, items offered by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site (e.g. Land's End, Target, etc.) do not qualify. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
- Unless the offer message indicates otherwise, the promotional offer applies to the lowest priced qualifying item(s).
- Applies only when all qualifying and free products in the promotion are purchased in one order.
- Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- No substitutions or rain checks.
- Shipping and handling charges apply to all products, including bonus items.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
- Void where prohibited.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
1 tuna steak
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup onion, chopped finely
salt and pepper
An interesting read:
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Here is another easy dish to make. The preparation time is only about 5-10 minutes.
4 thin cut marbled steaks
seasoning mix (Vegeta or any other seasoning salt)
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Generously apply seasoning to both sides of the meat. Then rub a little bit of mustard also on both sides. Please the steaks in a baking dish next to each other.
Wash and slice potatoes. Season them with same seasoning salt. Sprinkle oil over the whole thing. The amount of the oil will depend on your dish. The dish that I have doesn't stick at all, however I still use about 1/4 cup of oil.
Bake for about 1 hour. Check occasionally, and flip the steaks about half way through baking. Make sure you also stir the potatoes in oil so that they don't dry out.
Serve hot. Its nice to serve some greens on the side of this dish, but I didnt have any at the time I was cookign it. Steamed asparagus would go well.
Variations: 15 minutes before this is done baking, slice up some onions and/or tomatoes and place on top. 15 minutes of cooking will give it a nice flavor, and will not disintegrate it.
Monday, April 5, 2010
2 packages of mushrooms
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tbsp flour
3 tbsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
Saute onions in oil over medium heat.
Wash the mushrooms and slice them.
They will cook down and release lots of water. Allow them to cook for about 10 minutes, until they are soft. Transfer some of that water into a cup and add flour and paprika. Mix well to form a homogeneous mixture.
Then, add this mix back to the pot and stir.
Allow to cook for another couple of minutes to thicken. Add salt and pepper.
Add sour cream. You can add more sour cream if you like it more creamy.
Transfer the mushrooms with the sauce into an oven safe dish. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
This dish goes well with chicken, or can be served as an appetizer.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
2 sticks butter (softened)
250 g feta cheese
2 tbsp baking powder
salt to taste
1 egg yolk
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Sprinkle some flour on a clean and dry kitchen counter. Stretch the dough with a rolling pin to about 1cm thickness. Then use cookie cutters to cut circular shapes out.
Arrange the pastries in a pre greased pan.
Spread the egg yolk over the pastries and sprinkle sesame seeds.
Bake at 400F for about 15 minutes.
You can also see Svetlana's butter puffs here.