Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pogačice- Butter Puffs ala Svetlana (Serbian=Погачице)


Svetlana has been cooking up the storm lately! I cannot write her recipes fast enough. The other day I went to her house, she was cooking 3 meals all at ones! I really hope she doesn't move to San Francisco, because then how would I get a taste of her cooking or stop by for a quick chat after work? I really hope she reads this and reconsiders staying where she is at.

In any case, these butter puffs came out of the oven, and I was asking her what it was and she was describing how she prepared it... Finally, when I got to taste it, I got this warm and fuzzy feeling from my childhood- of course my mom made these too, and I grew up eating them, but I haven't had it in so long, I forgot it existed. What a great discovery for me!


Ingredients:

250g butter
300g quark cheese
250g flour
1 egg
salt
sesame seeds and/or cumin seeds

Glaze:
1 egg


Soften the butter and fluff it with mixer. Add cheese, egg, flour and salt (depending on how salty the cheese is). Mix the dough by hand, or use a spiral attachment for mixers. Pour the dough into the mini muffin pan, filling the compartments onto about 1/3 - 1/2 full.

Beat one egg and brush it over the dough. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and/or cumin seeds and some salt.


Bake at 370F.

You can also see my butter puffs here.


Featured products:




2 comments: