Friday, November 19, 2010

Braised Greens


Hello there,
I landed just a couple of hours ago, and I already prepared my first meal. I have 3 roommates this weekend, and we had a quiet Friday evening with some wine, cheese and my braised greens. This is the first time I made braised greens. Actually, the idea came from the tapas place in Portland where I went to eat just for their kale salad, which they did not have. Then I decided to order braised greens, it sounded good at the time. But they didn't have that either. 2 days later, at home in California, I saw some random greens in the fridge and realized I am still up for braised greens. So, I made some. It was not bad! I will definitely make more.


INGREDIENTS:
Summer greens
olive oil
Sesame oil
salt or seasoning salt
paprika


Wash and cut up the greens. Heat the oil and fry the greens. Salt to taste and add other spices. Fry for a couple of minutes. Serve as a side dish. Braised greens are also good with cheese and crackers.



Featured products:



0 comments:

Post a Comment